This unit is run by a team of experienced orthopaedicians,
physiotherapists, nurses and occupational therapist.
Hip/ knee replacement surgeries, Minimally invasive surgery (Arthroscopy),
Spine Surgery, Revision arthroplasty, Limb preservation, Arthritis centre, Musculo-skeletal tumours, Trauma service.
• The emergency department is fully equipped to handle any type of emergency and resuscitation round-the-clock.
• A triage area with 4 monitored beds functions as the main work area.
• 12 bedded observation ward, minor operation theatre and dressing room.
• Perfecting the art of Operation.
• 7 Major theatres and 3 Minor theatres.
• HEPA filters and laminar flow ensure sterility.
• Separate theatre for Orthopaedic surgery including joint replacements
• Suitable for all General & Orthopaedic surgical Procedures.
Arthroscopy or Key Hole Surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure in which an examination and treatment of damage of the interior of a joint is performed using an Arthroscope.
ADVANTAGES OF ARTHROSCOPY OR KEY HOLE SURGERY
Minimally invasive surgical procedure.
The joint does not have to be opened up fully.
Reduces recovery time.
Increases the rate of surgical success due to less trauma to the connective tissues.
Joints most commonly examined and treated are – knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle and hip.
PARTIAL & TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY
Is a surgical procedure to replace the weight bearing surfaces of the knee joint to relieve pain and disability following severe osteoarthritis.
Most commonly performed for severe osteoarthritis and also for rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis.
The diseased or damaged joint surface of the knee is replaced with metal and plastic components to allow continued pain-free motion.
A 55 year old lady with Rheumatoid Arthritis of right knee. (VALGUS DEFORMITY) underwent Total knee replacement on the right knee. After the surgery, she has complete correction of deformity and relief from pain.
77 year old man With severe Osteoarthritis of both knees. (VARUS DEFORMITY) He underwent Total knee replacement on both sides. After the surgery there is complete correction of deformity and relief from pain.
PARTIAL & TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT
Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
Hip replacement surgery can be performed as a total replacement or a hemi (partial) replacement.
Hip replacement surgery is generally conducted to relieve arthritis pain or fix severe physical joint damage as part of hip fracture treatment.
The aims of the procedure are pain relief and improvement in hip function.
Hip replacement is usually considered only once other therapies, such as physical therapy and pain medications, have failed.
EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT & TREATMENT OF NECK &
LOW BACK PAIN
•Neck pain (cervicalgia) & Low back pain or lumbago are common musculoskeletal disorder affecting many people at some point in their lives.
• Neck pain may arise due to muscular tightness in both the neck and upper back, or pinching of the nerves emanating from the cervical vertebrae.
• Low Back Pain does not have a definitive cause. It is believed to stem from benign musculoskeletal problems such as muscle or soft tissues sprain or strains.
• If severe neck pain or low back pain occurs following an injury (motor vehicle accident, fall) a trained professional such as a paramedic or orthopaedician, should immobilize the patient to avoid the risk of further injury and possible paralysis.
• Most neck & low back pain can be safely and effectively treated following an examination by an orthopaedic surgeon and a prescribed period of activity modification and some medication to relieve the pain and diminish the inflammation.