Neurology is a branch of medical science which deals with complete nervous system of the human body, the peripheral and central nervous system. This also includes diagnosis and treatment of nervous disorders.
Brain is the control centre of the body. All the nervous system, spinal cord and neurons are connected to it. A brain disorder happens usually with an injury, disease or other health problems. Some disorders of brain include confusion, head ache, seizures, memory problem, change from normal behavior, problem in vision, lack of muscle control, vomiting, nausea, etc., we treat some brain disorders by
- Neuro Surgery for Stroke.
- Head Injury Management.
- Brain tumor surgeries
- Transsphenoidal pituitary tumor excision
- Minimal access surgeries for intracranial haematomas & brain abscess
- Cerebro vascular disorders – coiling aneurysms
- Arterio Venous Malformations
- Congenital malformations in paediatric age
Spinal disorders are problems in spinal cord. Our back bone is made up of 26 bone disc, called vertebrae. This vertebrae is key in protecting the spinal cord and responsible for movements like bending and standing. A disorder of this kind is usually critical. Some spinal disorders are caused by injury, infection, tumors, spondylitis, scollosis, bone change that occurs with age, etc.,
We treat spinal disorders by
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Micro lumbar discectomy
- Micro endoscopic discectomy
- Spinal instrumentation & fusions for spine fractures
- Kyphoplasty & Vertebroplasty
- Micro Spine surgery for tumors, vascular malformations, congenital disorders
Epilepsy is a chronic disorder which is characterized by recurrent, unprovoked seizure (sudden change of electrical activity in the brain).
- Clinical Neurophysiologic investigations for epilepsy
- EEG on American Nicolet Digital Machine
- Video EEG (American Nicolet) for DD Seizures in Children and Adult
- Clinical Neurophysiologic Assessment
- Complete Treatment of Epilepsy in Children and Adult
- Selection of Patients for Epilepsy Surgery Option
- Psychiatric Counseling
It is the study of electrical properties of various biological cells and tissues in the human body. This process involves the flow of ions from which electrical recordings are measured and treated accordingly.
- State of the art Nicolet Viking electromyneurography
- Diagnosis of a variety of muscle, peripheral nerve, neuromuscular junction disorders
- Visual & auditory pathway disorders
- Nicolet Viasys digital EED machine for epilepsy classification
- Monitoring cerebral activity in unconscious patients
- Detection of non-convulsive seizures
- Treatment of status epilepticus
Stroke is nothing but a brain attack. It occurs when the flow of blood to the brain is restricted with a blockage. When this condition occurs, the brain loses its oxygen supply and the cells begin to die. The part of the body controlled by that side of the brain is affected. The problem may vary from temporary weakness of arm and leg to permanent paralysis of one side of the body. We treat stroke in the following ways
- Diagnosis & treatment for acute & chronic strokes of various types
- Intravenous & selective intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy
- 64 Slice CT, CT Angiography
- Diffusion & Perfusion MRI, MR Angiography
- Cath Lab with advanced DSA for interventional neuroradiolog
- Carotid stenting, coiling of AVMs & aneurysms