Radiology is a medical department where ionized and non-ionized radiation is used to study the diagnosis and treatment procedure. Some of them include digital x-ray, Magnet Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT scan), mammography and 4D USG.
In this process, the radiographer after completing the imaging process reads the image, interprets it and gives a report to the physician who had ordered for it. From there on the respective specialist decides on the medication process.
Highlights of our equipments include
MRI [MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING]:
- High end 1.5 Tesla machine with 16 channel electronics.
- Superior image quality, lightning fast procedure.
- Capable of performing dedicated cardiac, breast MRI and also advanced neuro applications.
CT [Computed Tomography]
- 64 slice Dual Source CT [DSCT]
- Utilizes 2 x-ray tubes & detectors perpendicular to each other with a true temporal resolution of 83 ms.
- Beta blockers are not against for CT Coronary Angiogram.
- Increased image quality and clarity.
- Contrast studies including barium studies, intravenous urogram and hysterosalpingogram are done.
· 4th dimension of time is added to 3 dimensional still ultrasound images.
· Especially useful in Obstetrics – live action images of the fetus can be visualized
- Low dose X-ray system to examine breasts.
- Helps in early detection of breast cancers.
- Advanced colour Doppler Ultrasound scanners offer studies of carotids, peripheral vessels, abdominal and renal vessels.
- All radiology images are stored in a computer image archive and are available within minutes on any of the computers conveniently located throughout the hospital.
- Enables off-site viewing and reporting as in teleradiology and telemedicine.